"Emergency First Response"
The fun part
The fun part about Emergency First Response training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You will gain the confidence and skills to help in an emergency.
What you will learn
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
Learning material you need
Through a combination of independent study and practice with an instructor, you will build the confidence and skills to provide basic emergency care. The Primary and Secondary Care Manual and video on DVD preview emergency scenarios and provide step-by-step skill demonstrations.
To enroll in Emergency First Response Courses, you must
- Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency.
Besides the Primary and Secondary Care Courses, Emergency First Response offers Care for Children and other emergency training programs.
EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE
Course fees include: (4) Colour Participant Manual with charts, lists, references, illustrations & photos; Exam, and Certification Card.
For additional information contact:
EFR Instructor (DM-207237)